Monday 3 February 2014

Chapter 4 – Soaring Over Mendoza


Life In Chile

Chapter 4 – Soaring Over Mendoza 
(January 2014)
8 Months to go



For anybody reading this post that know me (which hopefully is everybody :S) knows that I am the biggest scaredy cat ever! I HATE heights, big time!!!


So whilst researching for things to do for our weekend away in Mendoza, Argentina, I came across Paragliding.

par·a·glid·ing

ˈparəˌglīdiNG/
noun
noun: paragliding
1. 
a sport in which a wide canopy resembling a parachute is attached to a person's body by a harness in order to allow them to glide through the air after jumping from or being lifted to a height.

My description of Paragliding from watching YouTube videos was to be strapped to some random stranger (putting my life in his hands!) and then having to run and JUMP off a mountain!!!!


Let me just say once Josh had texted me to say he had booked paragliding I definitely questioned why I suggested this OUTLOUD! But, I can’t back out now!


The day had finally arrived and weirdly I wasn’t really that nervous, well until we started to drive up the mountain we were jumping off. I’m not even kidding I was freaking out in the car big time but not because of what was just about to happen to me but what was happening to me now!! The roads were so narrow and it was like if the driver made one slight wrong movement we were going to fall to our deaths very quickly. Luckily we finally made it to the top of the mountain and I guess due to the stress of that journey I wasn’t scared one bit!!

I would prefer to jump of this mountain than have to drive back down it!!

So once we got strapped together with our jumpers, it was time to JUMP!! It was so windy that Josh didn’t even get to see me take off as we just flew away so quickly!!

But, WOW this was the BEST idea I have EVER had!!!


It was the most incredible feeling, just flying through the air and being able to see over all of Mendoza. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone; my fear of heights had disappeared for some reason and I LOVED IT!! I loved being able to see Josh flying near me and being able to enjoy this amazing experience together!


I love our New Year resolution of making changes and taking risks!!!

 

I LOVE 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment