Thursday 14 August 2014

Chapter 11 - The Honeymoon


Life In Chile

Chapter 11 - The Honeymoon
(July 2014)

2 Months to go




Right now I find myself in a rather nostalgic  mood, reminiscing about some of our happiest memories so far. I realised that I hadn't uploaded any honeymoon piccies or spoken much about it, and thought that I would upload lots of photos and write a bit about it :) 

We were lucky enough to spend 10 days in the beautiful Dominican Republic ~ Punta Cana. I had wanted to go somewhere hot, and Josh had wanted to go somewhere where we could speak Spanish, so this really was the perfect choice!!  Our resort was amazing and all-inclusive which meant that every night we were able to devour the most amazing food ever! They had so many restaurants, each offering food from a different part of the world: from American food to Italian, Dominican to our most favourite one - Thai food!!!!
 

We only spent one day outside of the resort where we visited this random cigar factory (it was free!), scuba dived (my worst nightmare, may have had a slight panic attack haha!!), snorkelling (second-worst nightmare; I hate when the seawater goes down your snorkel and you almost drown on manky salt water!!) and lastly drove around in a private speed boat (may have almost ran over a guy in the water.... instead of putting the lever in stop position I accidentally put it in accelerate muhahaha).

We really had the best time and soaked up the boiling sun as much as was humanly possible. I was finally able to tick something off my bucket list.....a poolside bar. I've always wanted to go swimming somewhere where I would be able to swim up to a bar and get a refreshing drink :) Amazing! Loved it!!!

It truly was a beautiful place to relax after the stress of planning a wedding and the hectic day itself. We were very lucky and so grateful to have been able to stay in this beautiful part of the world!!

And boy did we leave with a good tan haha!!!








































No comments:

Post a Comment