Wednesday 27 August 2014

Chapter 13 - The Life Of A Nanny In Chile


Life In Chile

Chapter 13 - The Life Of A Nanny In Chile
(August 2014)

1 Month to go




Here are a few things I have learnt whilst being a Nanny:
  
1.     Getting up early in the morning is never fun, especially when it is still dark outside!! 

2.     The names of every character on Peppa Pig & Thomas The Tank Engine. 

3.     Changing pooey nappies never gets easier or better or less stinkier. 


4.     Putting a child down for a nap makes me feel like I have just accomplished Mount Everest!! 

5.     Never wear white.. a white tee with a splash of carrot & lentil down it is not a good look!! 

6.     Watching Cristobal sleep makes me fall even more in love with him. 

7.     I feel amazing when he speaks to me; shoes, water, turtle & Peppa :) 

8.     I love Listening to him crack up laughing when I do something silly (which is ALWAYS)!! 

9.     To dance and clap like a lunatic!! 

10.    I cannot be a Nanny anymore because I get too attached!!!!



The family I have worked for have really accepted me and welcomed me in as part of their family; they make the most delicious lunches; they invite us over for a couples dinner; the mum of the family texts me every day to check I am ok and if I need anything; they have even offered to drive us to the airport when we leave and much much more!!

We have been so blessed whilst being here in Chile and the family I help out has made things so much living in this amazing country even easier!!! I wish I didn’t have to say goodbye to them especially with their second bundle of joy due in December! I am so jealous of whoever gets to work for them next and I cannot wait to come back to visit and see how much Cristobal has grown!! He is my little turtle and I love him so much!!

Being a Nanny is the best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment