Tuesday 15 July 2014

Chapter 9 - Perú Loving - Part 2 - Cuzco


Life In Chile

Chapter 9 - Perú Loving - Part 2 - Cuzco
(June 2014)

3 Months to go 


Hola again :) 




So, I will be keeping this post about our day in Cuzco very short as it was one of the worst days of my life so far haha!! Cuzco is beautiful and amazing but I just wasn't feeling very well!! Due to the lack of sleep (partying hard with Jr & Patty) I ended up being sick in a bag on our flight from Lima to Cuzco and then due to Cuzco's very high altitude, I spent the rest of the day trying to sleep on Josh's lap between running to the toilets to be sick!!









 I even had to leave the restaurant table once Josh's dinner arrived (Guinea Pig!!!! Yes, you have read that right!! It's a Peruvian delicacy called Cuy, apparently haha!!) but yes I couldn't look at it or even watch or hear Josh eat THAT!!! 

I'm sorry I am not including a photo of the Guinea Pig as it still makes my stomach turn now haha!!



We then travelled by colectivo to the train station in Ollantaytambo where we had planned to get a train to Aguas Calientes/Machu Picchu. At this point, you may be thinking the day just couldn't get any worse.. but it did! Our train was delayed by about 2 hours.....blurgh!!  





Eventually the train turned up and we were on our way through the Sacred Valley.  When we finally arrived at our destination (at like 1.30am), a sweet little man was waiting for us to take us to our hotel.  Aguas Calientes is so small that we followed him on foot and it only took like 10 minutes to walk to our hotel (which was on the opposite side of town!!).  At the hotel, we checked in and were taken to our room which was covered with beautiful roses and towel swans :) I've never had that happen before so I was really excited and didn't want to ruin the displays haha!! #sadloser haha!!



Machu Picchu blog post is coming next wahoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment