Tuesday 21 January 2014

Chapter 1 – Leaving On A Jet Plane



Due to having SO much time on my hands I have NO excuse to not start blogging again and to keep it at least a monthly thing!! 
So here goes.

Life In Chile

Chapter 1 – Leaving On A Jet Plane 
(October 2013)
10 Months to go


Well, after waiting months AND months to have the all clear to leave for Chile, we are finally on our way. After saying goodbye to all the famlam about 20 million times, due to dates being changed, it was finally time to say Adios.


We were flying from London Heathrow at 09:25 with Delta Airlines. Who knew that when you fly nowadays that you have the widest selection of movies EVER and you can even start watching them before you have even taken off (I’m sorry to all the professional flyers out there who I am boring but I have not been on a plane for a while!). Also, can I add the best plane food EVER, Green Thai Chicken and rice. DELISH!

Our first stop over was at Detroit for 4 hours. Due to me being a food ADDICT I took some time before our trip to research the different fast food restaurants (Fat Kid at heart!!).

Food stop 1 = The Baconater at Wendy’s (with extra grease!) 


Our second stop over was at Atlanta for an hour. This was the stop over I was looking forward to the most but due to only having an hour stop over I wasn’t sure whether this second food stop was possible!! But, nothing will EVER get in the way of me and my second food stop!

Food stop 2 = Rice, Beijing Beef and Orange Chicken Combo at Panda Express.

I ran for my life and guess what we still made it to the plane with time to spare. But, as we had only eaten a few hours prior to this I was still stuffed so I left it for Breakfast :) Panda Express is still divine whatever the hour may be!


This last flight was amazing as we were able to share 4 seats between the two of us so we spread out and slept for pretty much the whole 8/9 hours!

Touch down in Chile!
Deep breath in.... 
Here goes an adventure of a lifetime!





No comments:

Post a Comment