Tuesday 28 January 2014

Chapter 2 – About Santiago


Life In Chile

Chapter 2 – About Santiago 
(November 2013)
9 and a bit Months to go



My first few days in Santiago have been interesting.

I’m going to sound like an absolute wally by writing the next part but I am just going to be honest! When I thought about moving to Santiago I was terrified. Here are my reasons why:

1.     Distance




2.     Thinking we were going to be living in a Shanty town




3.     No technology or internet




4.     Language barrier (even since being here we have been told Chile is probably the hardest place to learn and understand Spanish due to how fast they speak and its quite slang Spanish! UH OH!)



  
I think I will stop before you all mock me :)


But after being here for a few days I was definitely wrong. Santiago just reminds me of London but 30 degrees hotter :) haha! As you can tell by this internet blog they do have internet here!
It is definitely going to take a while to get used to how things work out here and to understand people. Honestly, I have never felt so alone as I do now as I feel my independence has been taken away completely. I love Josh and having him by my side but when he is at work I just want my friends and family to hang out with. I am too scared to walk outside incase I get lost and due to the language barrier and I cant ask anyone directions. It’s silly I know but I just hope I am going to be able to grow in confidence every day that I am out here, as I do not want to regret making the most of this experience. We are lucky to be able to attend the temple and church here and it is completely the same wherever in the world we will go apart from not understanding a word but I can still feel that the church is VERY true!!

But, it is a beautiful place and we are the luckiest couple to be having this experience especially before we have a family of our own.  

Good luck to us.


xXx






No comments:

Post a Comment