Thursday 29 January 2015

My Love For England & Chile

Reasons why I love being home

· Being surrounded by Family- Even though we live under an hour to Josh’s Family and just under 3 hours from mine, I still have the option to randomly drive to see them whenever I want without it costing the earth!!!

· Communication- Not that I would do this but if needs be, I could talk to a complete stranger & ask them what the time is or even just to talk to them about anything and everything.

· Being independent- I really struggled with this as I felt like the whole time we were in Chile I was hanging off of Josh’s arm as I was too scared to be by myself for the above reason/bullet point.. P.S. Josh absolutely loved it haha!

· Church- I love being able to understand and to be able to input my thoughts into the lesson. I remember during a class in Chile I was caught out by the American sister missionaries, they were laughing at me because I was staring at the ceiling for like 10 minutes as I had just given up trying to understand what was being said.


· Food- I missed being able to have a glass of cold blue (fatty) milk!!!!! Sour cream......sadly we found out that sour cream was being sold in our local supermarket and had never noticed it until it was time to come home!!! Obviously we missed the good old takeaways, Fish & Chips, Chinese, Indian etc.

Things I miss in Chile

· Weather-Having a 7 month summer was incredible. Especially as we had a pool and an open roof top to sunbathe in with 40 degree heat! Loving life!!

· Travelling South America- I absolutely loved nearly every month travelling to somewhere new! I never thought I would ever go to South America never mind living there and being lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel to so many different beautiful countries!

· Meeting friends-We were lucky enough to meet some beautiful friends whilst being in Chile, people that I will always stay in contact with!! I cannot wait for us to travel back out to Santiago to visit them!!

· Delicious food- Empanadas, Sopaipillas, Chorillana, Taco Bell, Domino Hot dogs, Pebre and so much more!!!!!!

· Job- I had the BEST ‘job’ ever. Being a Nanny for 2 beautiful families!! I stay in contact with them both and I wish they could have moved back with me so I could still have this job and look after their children all the time!!! I miss learning all the names of Thomas the Tank Engines friends ;) haha!! We had the opportunity to Face Time one of the families last Sunday where I got to see Cristobal (one of the little boys I used to look after) and his new baby brother, I also got to witness Cristobal saying my name for the first time!!! TOOO CUTTEEEE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment